How to Watch HBO NOW Outside the US
HBO's latest offering is their standalone cable service, HBO Now, priced at $15/month. HBO NOW is included in the playmoTV gateway, but signups are currently limited to Apple TVs and iOS devices. This is what you have to do in order to subscribe and enjoy HBO NOW, regardless of your location
- Start by linking your iOS device or Apple TV to the playmoTV gateway via our step-by-step guides. If you don't have an account just click here to sign up for a free trial.
- With HBO NOW being US and Apple exclusive, you can only pay for the service via iTunes. Therefore, you need to create a US Apple account. Naturally, we have instructions on how you create such an account.It's important that you select None as a payment option, because adding credit cards or PayPal accounts not linked to US credit cards or bank accounts will be declined.
- After you have created a US Apple account without a credit card, you need to add some balance to it. For that we recommend BuyFromPowerSeller. They offer iTunes gift cards at the lowest premium we've seen.
- On an Apple TV you have to change the iTunes Store Location to the United States, done by going to Settings > iTunes Store and pick United States.If you have an iPhone or iPad, login to your US App Store account, and download HBO NOW from the App Store.
- Create an account on HBO NOW either in the Apple TV or iOS app, and start streaming :)