How to Change a Smart Hub Region on a Samsung Smart TV
Wanna unblock Hulu, BBC iPlayer or other services on your Samsung TV?
Visit playmo.tv to check out our Smart DNS service. Free 7-day trial for all users (no credit card necessary)
If you're not seeing an app you wish to use on your Samsung Smart TV, it's probably because the Smart Hub is set to a different region (probably your local region), so you need to change Smart Hub regions. The method is different based on what type of Samsung TV you have, but below we're gonna outline how to do it.
Note: With all of these guides, you will be restoring your TV to factory settings, so if you are currently logged into any apps, you will be logged out as a result. Furthermore, you can not have apps from different regions installed at the same time.
F-Series (2013) and J-Series (2015)
- Start by setting the source to "TV". If you are not sure how to do this just switch inputs, and in a list of different HDMI inputs you should also see "TV".
- Once you have set the source to TV, press the Menu button, and select the System sub-menu.
- In the system sub-menu you should see a Setup option. Click to begin setup.
MUTE - RETURN ( button with circle-esque arrow) - VOL UP - CHANNEL UP - MUTE
Note that it's important that you enter the sequence on this screen, and that you enter it not too fast, but not too slow either (yes, sounds crazy).
- It will probably take a few tries, but in the end you should see a big country list, indicating that you have succeeded (yay!). Now just select your preferred country, like USA for apps like Hulu, Crackle and Amazon Prime US, or UK for BBC iPlayer and ITV.
H-Series (2014) and K-Series (2016)
For the H-Series, basically do the same thing, but enter either of these key sequences on your remote when you are located on the smart hub terms and conditions page:
» - 2 - 8 - 9 - « (just so we're clear, this is FFWD - 2 - 8 - 9 - REW)
MUTE - VOL UP - CHANNEL UP - MUTE
Q, R, RU, MU, M and N-Series (2017 - 2019)
- Press the Settings button on your remote or access the Settings from the Home screen.
- Select General -> Setup. (Depending on your TV model, you might have to choose Reset instead) Your TV will now automatically restart.
- Make sure not to use the SmartThings app during the setup process.
Enter the PIN code. It is usually ‘0000’ unless you’ve manually changed it before.
- Choose your preferred language. (This has no effect on the list of apps you can download later)
- Set country to Other.
- Continue the setup as you’d usually do and stop at the Terms and Conditions page.
- On the Terms and Conditions page , enter the following sequence on your remote:
Traditional Remote: Mute > Volume up > Channel up > Mute
Samsung One Remote: VOL -> VOL Up -> Channel Up -> VOL
- Choose UK or US from the list of countries or choose Full Apps to get access to all compatible streaming channels and applications.
Wanna unblock Hulu, BBC iPlayer or other services on your Samsung TV? Visit playmo.tv to check out our Smart DNS service. Free 7-day trial for all users (no credit card necessary