Setup a Cron Job on Mac OS X to update your IP address
If you don't want to use our playmoTV Linker for Mac, then you can setup a cron job on your machine to update your IP address every hour.
Note: Only follow this guide if you are familiar with the Terminal and running commands in it.
- Open Terminal, type crontab -e and hit Enter.
- Then press "i" on the keyboard to activate Insert Mode.
- Once you have done that, write the following command (but replace "Your_account_key" with your actual account key):
0 * * * * curl -o /dev/null https://playmo.tv/api/update-location?x-api-key=Your_account_key
You can get your account code here: http://playmo.tv/dashboard/#my-account-code
- Once you have done this, press ESC to exit Insert mode. Then type ":wq" to save your changes.
- Now your cron job should be setup, and the IP address will be updated every hour.